Minutes of CC Dec 3rd 2018

Minutes of Carmunnock Community Council

Monday 3 Dec 2018

Castlemilk Hall 7.00pm

Present: John Lawless, Roy Laing, Angus MacDonald, Alex Tomeny, Derek Scott, Robert Cochrane, Jim McCreadie, Marion Begg and the representatives from the Police Force (Mary MacIntyre and Derek Coyle).

Apologies: Ashley Montague, Councillor Margaret Morgan

Police Report: The police reported that in the period 5 Nov to 3 Dec there had been no recorded crimes. At this time of year they offered the usual security advice making sure doors were locked, close curtains and leave a light on when away from home. It was agreed that there had been a dispute between neighbours during this period, but it was not recorded as a crime as no further action had been taken.

Visitors: At this point two visitors were invited to raise their points with the council.

Lynne Abernethy, reported that the road at the Stuart Milne Development was covered soil and this was being tracked into the village and dirtying vehicles passing through it. The Council agreed that a responsible site should ensure the road is swept regularly as required.

Derek agreed to investigate.

David Mathewson noted a partially erected tent and rubbish in a field of Pedmyre Lane.

(Secs note: Now reported, but access may be difficult). The detritus covering part of the pavement was still an issue. He agreed to send the Chairman photographs of how much of the pavement was covered. Water was still pouring from the field down onto the road.

Finally he had solved his problem with slow BT Broadband; He changed to EE.

Minutes of last meeting: Proposed by Roy and seconded by Gus

Correspondence:

The following topics have been posted on the City Community Council webpage:

GCPP Partnership Health Check Survey 2018

Community Council Development Session

Community Justice Glasgow Annual Report

Feasibility Study on the Introduction of Secure Covered Cycle Parking

Unconventional Oil and Gas Consultation

Give us Your Views on the Future of Health and Social Care Services in Glasgow –

Green Infrastructure Fund – Round 3 Now Open

Consultation Invite – Glasgow Strategic Development Frameworks – River Clyde &

Govan-Partick

Universal Credit – Glasgow Roll Out – Information and Advice for Information and

Circulation

Uncovering the Environment – Project at the University of Dundee

Community Council Information Pack – Opening of New Pharmacies

General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – Guidance for Community Councils

Finance

Derek presented the current financial statement. There had been spend on the poppy

wreath, account audit, Tommy silhouette and production of newsletter

Current balances are as of 30 Nov; General Funds £268.14 Legal Expenses Fund £2539.00.

Planning and Licensing.

Proposal 30 Busby Road rear extension, council finds no objections with this.

Roads and Lighting

No news on the 20mph zone as waiting for Glasgow city council to have a meeting about

implementation of new speed limit. Chairman will contact City Council

Light out at 3 Gallowhill Road

Chairman noted that he intended to complain about a failure in service level regarding two

lights out in Bankhead Road. Neighbours noted these had been out for months.

Transport

Jim noted that the main issue at the moment was delays in the service. The Chairman

observed that the 31 service had probably the oldest buses in the fleet.

Linn Area

The Chairman had attended the last area committee meeting. Our bid has been recorded. In discussion after the meeting, a Mr P Millar from the Council is to be invited to carry out a site survey/visit.

AOB:

The Council agree to part fund the refreshments at the Christmas tree switch on. There was also an offer of face painting at the event. The Chairman said he would consult the Heritage Society re the offer. Marion noted that she hoped to get children from the primary school to visit the park.

Next meeting 7 Jan 2019 at 7.00pm

Advertisements