Minutes of CC Feb 5th 2018

Minutes of Carmunnock Community Council
Monday 5th February 2018

Castlemilk Hall 7.00pm


Present: John Lawless, Jim McCreadie, Margaret Muirhead, Roy Laing, Ashley Montague, Councillor Margaret Morgan, Alex Tomeny, Derek Scott, Angus MacDonald, Marion Begg, Jack Divine (Land and Environmental services) and Callum Grant (the representative from the Police Force).

Apologies: Councillor Euan Blockley and Robert Cochrane.

Police Report:

  • No reports of assaults, drug related crime or drunk and disorderly behaviour.
  • The van left on Waterside Road has now been moved.

Minutes of last meeting: proposed by Marion and seconded by Roy.

Matters Arising: No matters arising.

Correspondence

The city council now put the information for the community councils online at: https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=21056

The matters that are concerned with community councils are;

  • Formal Consultation of the Governance Arrangements for Community Councils; Including a Review of Certain Community Council Boundaries; and a Review of Support Arrangements
  • Nomination Form for a Community Resident Representative from Glasgow City to sit on Glasgow City Council – Wellbeing, Empowerment, Community and Citizen Engagement City Policy Committee
  • Community Council Development Sessions 2018 – All Community Councils’ Participation is Encouraged
  • Street Design Programme 2018/19 – Respond by 2nd March 2018
  • Glasgow Airport consultations 2018 – Airspace Change Proposal & Noise Action Plan – Consultation launches on 15th January 2018 and runs to Friday 13th April 2018
  • Scottish Fire and Rescue Community Asset Register – Posted January 2018, For Information
  • Draft City of Glasgow Local Police & Fire and Rescue Plans 2017-2020 – Posted December 2017, For Information
  • Volunteer Glasgow – Volunteer Opportunities for Community Councils
  • Notification of Community Council Meetings and Minutes to Ex-Officio Members
  • Participation Requests – Reposted 17th November 2017
  • Factsheets 2017 and 2011 Census Profiles for Wards – Reposted 17th November 2017
  • Submission of Community Council Minutes – Reposted 17th November 2017 

We also received an invite to the Royal Garden Party, Alex took the form home.

Finance

The accounts for February from Derek Scott are as follows;

No change since January:

Legal Expenses Funds: £2539.00

General Funds: £520.84

Total Funds £3,059.84

The community council have agreed to starting up the Hanging Baskets again this year. We will begin discussions with the Guides. More information will be provided in next months minutes.

Planning.

No new planning applications.

Roads and Lighting

  • Pot holes around Stuart Road and Hillcrest have been filled in.
  • The blocked drain at Hillcrest (the old bus stop) continues to cause a problem for residents and Councillor Margaret Morgan will look push for more to be done.
  • The time clock for the lights through the village has been changed meaning the lights go on at a more appropriate time.
  • Fly tipping in Pedmyre Lane continues to be an issue, Councillor Margaret Morgan is going to look into getting a camera installed to stop this from happening.
  • Jack Divine will look into who owns the lane going from the cross to Stuart Road.
  • A lady from Bankhead road had congratulated the community council, and Glasgow council, about the great job done concerning the recent spell of snow fall.
  • Councillor Margaret Morgan is going to explore the possibility of Carmunnock having disability parking spaces and yellow lines in certain areas. More information will be in next month’s minutes.
  • The Community Council and the members individually will continue to report problems we see or are informed of. You are advised to report and issues with the roads or lighting in Carmunnock online through the Glasgow City Council website or through your ‘My Glasgow’ App. The more we report the higher the chance of the problem being fixed quickly.

Transport

The bus has been running fine recently, but due to the snow there was no 31 for a week. Robert Cochrane wrote to First bus regarding the lack of buses. They replied outlining they found it to be unsafe for the buses to go into, or through, Carmunnock. First Bus also highlighted they had posted these issues on social media, which John noted wasn’t useful to those waiting for the bus at the bus stop. John has asked Robert to write back to First Bus explaining why the community council feels like their response isn’t good enough, and they should have tried harder to let people know.

Jack Divine from Land and Environmental services explained how his department deals with the gritting of pavements and the can only do the areas they have been told to do. The community council agreed that most areas received a good service from the gritters on the roads and footpaths. You can see online which areas the gritters are planning on/have gritted.

Linn Area Committee

John will be the attendee at the Linn Area Committee.

Stuart Milne are meant to be giving £106,000 to the Linn Area Committee and organisations in Carmunnock are heavily advised to apply for grants from the Linn Area Committee. It is advised you apply for grants where there is a benefit to the community at large (such as an allotment).

Windpark Trust Grants.

Open for grants. Marion has put in for a grant for the Highland Games and the Carmunnock Kids football team has also applied. They should hear back in March.

AOB

  • The application for a Discretionary Grant has been accepted and should be in the Community Councils account by next month’s minutes.
  • Ashley, Marion, Margaret Morgan and Margaret Muirhead with the help of Jack Divine have gained brochures looking at different types of equiptment. Marion, Ashley and Margaret Muirhead will meet on Monday the 12th to apply for grants from the Linn Area Committee and Windpark Trust. Jack Divine and Margaret Morgan have been greatly helpful in advising and pushing for a new fence around the park also.
  • A letter from BT was received regarding the broadband stating a new cabinet will be installed. The letter is on the Carmunnock Community Council website.
  • Jack Divine also highlights that due to Carmunnock being a conservation area, no tree should be felled without permission from the Development and Regeneration Service but pruning was acceptable.

Next meeting
5th March 2018: 7pm in the Castlemilk Hall.

Advertisements